Now is the height of “silly-season” where race fans get a little bit nuts due to a lack of racing. Now is also when most of the F1 teams will being their public releases of their cars for the year. I just caught Lotus’s reveal video and it’s cool. All right, I’ll admit, the most awesome part of the F1 reveal for me what the faux-F1-sounding guitar riff in the beginning. Coooool.
If you don’t really care much about F1, watch the first 30 seconds and then skip to the ~3:00 mark, and then be done. If you do care about F1, watch the full 20.
Some interesting things I found:
1. Kimi still has the most hilarious interviews, in that he doesn’t say much and what he does he mumbles to himself.
2. Will Buxton still has a weird sense of humor, see @ 18:00
3. Touring through the haul trailer is really interesting @ 13:54, look how the tops of the counters are also the tire surface when the car is in the trailer. Very neat and organized too.
4. Based on the “First firing” at ~2:40 the cars don’t sound much different this year. (Next year will be mega change though!)
5. The stepped nose is ugly and will be on (probably) all cars this year. (explained further at 15:54)
6. Lotus GP does have one of the best fan relations. Following them on twitter is always full of new and interesting posts, videos, photos.
It’s no secret that I’ve been a fan of this team since I started watching F1 with the yellow Renault, but with Kimi and Grosjean in the seats this year I’m very excited to see how they do! So bring on the 2012 calendar. And remember you can see all the upcoming races on my calendar!